Viva Access Ltd was founded in 2001 by Trish Sweeney, OT-Access Consultant and graduate of St Joseph’s College of Occupational Therapy, Dublin. The company specialises in the delivery of online training for professionals involved in the design and adaptation of housing for older and disabled people. Its trainers are highly experienced OTs, adaptation surveyors and access consultants, who are drawn from across Ireland and the UK. Below is a brief outline of the types of courses we provide, along with a list of some of the clients we have worked with previously.
Scheduled (Public) Courses
These are open to all to attend and are held regularly throughout the year – please visit our Home / Upcoming Events webpage for more details
We deliver training privately to Occupational Therapy and other services, as well as to private groups of individuals. Please visit the Private Training webpage to view or download our In-House Training Pack. We would be delighted to deliver live online training to your staff or colleagues. Please contact us for an informal discussion around your training needs.
SOME PREVIOUS CLIENTS
Some OT services in Ireland
- In-service training for OT services in Belfast, Dublin, Limerick and Kerry.
- External courses delivered for AOTI members and in partnership with the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Independent training events in Dublin since 2013
Some OT services in Great Britain
- Services in England, such as Hertfordshire, Medway Council, Brighton & Hove, Suffolk, Barnsley, Oxfordshire, Redcar & Cleveland, Liverpool, Devon, Blackpool, Shropshire, Stoke-on-Trent, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Bristol, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Warwickshire and many more.
- Services in London, such as (London or Royal) Boroughs of Newham, Merton, Barnet, Enfield, Camden, Ealing, Haringey, Wandsworth, Greenwich, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, Waltham Forest, Richmond, Tower Hamlets, Hackney and many more.
- Services in Wales and Scotland, such as Cardiff, Newport, Denbighshire, Ayrshire, Aberdeenshire, Ceredigion, Cwmbran, Torfaen, Conwy, Powys, Gwent, Gwynedd, Flintshire, Inverclyde, Clackmannanshire, West Lothian and many more.
Some non-OT clients:
- Home Improvement Agencies and Housing Associations such as Care & Repair Worcestershire, Cornwall Home Solutions and Northwards Housing; Design and production of two-part E-Course on London Accessible Housing Register (LAHR) – commissioned and hosted by Greater London Authority (GLA).
Ireland – 2020 & 2021
“I find the online training far better than “in the flesh” … no distractions and I can keep 100% focus”
Bathroom Adaptation & Design: Part 2. April 2021 (Ireland, for AOTI members)
“Very much enjoyed this training. Much more detailed than expected and great to get a mix of trainers from different backgrounds/positions to provide various insights. Thank you!”
Bathroom Adaptation & Design: Part 2. July 2020 (Dublin OT service)
“You don’t know what you don’t know, this course is a big eye opener! Would highly recommend”
Adapting & Designing for Wheelchair Users. March 2021 (Ireland, for AOTI members)
“Great event. So much information that I’d love to see it last longer”
“Enjoyed every minute. In lockdown in was great to interact with everybody”
Bathroom Adaptation & Design: Part 1 (Ireland, AOTI members)
“Excellent course, very practical with the case studies. Lots of knowledge from the trainers. Feel I can adapt into my practice very easily now”
Housing & Equipment Solutions for Users with Dementia. April 2021 (Ireland, AOTI members)
“Would highly recommend. Thank you really enjoying this series and good reference back to what we have covered previously”
Ramping for Wheelchair Users: Level 2. March 2021 (Dublin OT service)
“The course was presented very well, like all previous 3 courses in this program. The presenters are very clear and engaging, considering it has to be completed virtually, making the course very enjoyable and interesting” Bathroom Adaptation & Design: Part 1. March 2021 (Dublin OT service)
“I thought I knew enough having completed many assessments over many years, however the style of delivery and the content gave me lots of things to take on board and should enhance my skills and knowledge. Many thanks to all.
All about Stairlifts & Wheelchair Lifts (Domestic). May 2021 (Ireland, AOTI members)
“Loved it and looking forward to doing more Viva courses. Thank you very much”
Reading & Using Plans for OTs. April 2021 (Ireland, AOTI members)